MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Free Xen Virtual Private Servers!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yup, it's finally here. FREE VIRTUAL PRIVATE SERVERS! Unfortunately these aren't free forever nor are they available for everybody. They are not allowed to be used as production boxes and the length of use ranges from 1 week to 4 weeks depending on which you sign-up for.

These are for educational and development purposes ONLY!

Here are the specs of each unmanaged VPS:
Xen Hypervisor
256MB Dedicated RAM
8GB RAID1 Disk Space
1 Dedicated IP
1 Shared CPU (2.4GHz)
Unmetered 512KBps Port
CentOS 5.4 (x86_64)
Complete root access

Unfortunately each VPS will come identical so there are no configuration options in regards to Operating Systems, partition layout, or software. You are welcome to reformat your own VPS remotely to fit your needs but this will not be done by us. Each VPS will only come with SSH access since we do not offer any control panels (we use Citrix XenServer which does not offer a control panel for clients).

Here is the partition layout of each VPS:
/boot 100MB
swap 512MB
/ rest of space

Thank you for your interest and I hope that we can make this a success!

www.REAL0.com
I am interested where could I sign up?
Doh! Link added. Big Grin
Sorry, what can these exactly be used for?
(2010-03-21, 08:58 AM)Mod Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, what can these exactly be used for?

Are you asking what a server is used for or what the allowable uses of these VPSs are?

If the former:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_(computing)

If the later:
(2010-03-17, 04:01 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]These are for educational and development purposes ONLY!
Okay, thanks. Well, when I have a need to study I'll come and learn. Toungue
Just so everyone knows, I have been using one of these for the past 2 weeks or so, and so far, I have finally learnt how to configure the firewall Toungue (Only spent like an hour actually learning Toungue)
(2010-03-22, 06:52 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Just so everyone knows, I have been using one of these for the past 2 weeks or so, and so far, I have finally learnt how to configure the firewall Toungue (Only spent like an hour actually learning Toungue)

I feel your pain. I spent a day doing that. My dad wouldn't let me google it. Goooooooooood it sucked.
iptables is tricky, I just use CSF on top of iptables. Smile
Is this reliable?
Pages: 1 2