MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why not give it a negative score (-5 stars) for a thread rating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I love mybb, and I have a thought
Why not give it a negative score (-5 stars) for a thread rating?
and posts?
and users?
1 = low
5 = high

What use would negative serve?

And reputations already have a negative.
How do you show -5 stars?
I just don't see the point in this. 1 star is the worst and 5 stars the best, have -5 negative stars added is the same as having 10 positive stars which is unnecessary so 5 should do it Toungue.
How do you show a negative star?

And probably for the same reason, I haven't seen negative-starred hotels.
the idea is good but integrating it is ugly: ten stars have to be displayed
(2010-03-18, 08:01 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]How do you show a negative star?

Possibly by having the stars turn red? Not sure how you'd tell if the system if it was positive or negative stars without displaying all 10. Similarly, I've thought about being able to give a 0 star rating, but I'm not sure how (or if) that would work...the blank space before the stars maybe? Half-stars (for the average ratings) might be nice too...but all of this seems kind of trivial anyway to be honest.
Yes, no need.Big Grin

Left stars are red, right stars are green.

LOL I'm not saying this is necessary. It's just how I envisioned it when reading the suggestion/idea.
But how could you rate threads without breaking lots of tables?

This suggestion should just be kept to any forum owner who wants to use neg ratings, not be a part of mybb.
Pages: 1 2