MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Improve MyBB Security
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Sorry to be a pain Yumi but how would I impliment this code into the actual core files?
Quote:Now what about messing up another forum hosted on the same server?

A good host will have that taken care of anyways. php on one account shouldn't be able to edit on another account.

Quote:Of course, but do you expect the average MyBB administrator would know this?

Yes that's true. Probably wise that this does get fixed in 1.6x just to get it off Secunia.
(2010-03-18, 04:49 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]A good host will have that taken care of anyways. php on one account shouldn't be able to edit on another account.
Who said they have to be on different accounts?
Am I not allowed to host 2 forums on one account now?
Touche Yumi.
I strongly agree with frostschutz. This is an issue that can be fixed by MyBB even though it's not an issue caused by MyBB.
An improvement will not hurt in my opinion, it will just do good
I'd like to be clear that I'm not against fixing this particular issue. But I don't feel the tone of this thread was about a single issue but instead a commentary on the security procedures of MyBB.

I think both issues should have simple been reported and dealt with in that manner. There is no way a Secunia security report is going to go unnoticed imho.
On the same note, I feel that the tone of your posts are really just trying to downplay the contents of the first post.
Yeah I sort of got carried away. I admit that. Started to get into the devils advocate role too much. I get rather defensive about MyBB team. I hate seeing them get beatup.
We have to either completely trust a co-admin or take extra precautions.
Wow, the most positive thing I can say is "Wow, better to find this out now instead of later!"
(2010-05-28, 06:05 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]We have to either completely trust a co-admin or take extra precautions.
Wow, the most positive thing I can say is "Wow, better to find this out now instead of later!"

So you normally don't trust your co-admins?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5