MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: In need of help please DDoS attack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Found it! This link should be helpful (assuming you have the resources available that is): http://www.blyon.com/blog/index.php/2009...ight-ddos/
(2010-03-18, 01:31 AM)mario4 Wrote: [ -> ]Why shoould i do ? leave my 5K forum members , 40 K posts 9 K threads . domain payed for 2 years(1 y 5 m remaining ) hosted payed . What sould i do leave it and go away like that ?

I really wanna cry now . I wish that dammit hacker die
The best thing to do is contact your host and ask for help. If your host can't help you than you should switch hosts and ask for a refund.
(2010-03-18, 01:55 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Found it! This link should be helpful (assuming you have the resources available that is): http://www.blyon.com/blog/index.php/2009...ight-ddos/

That's going well beyond the capabilities of the OP though. It also requires you to have a small farm to do load balancing and page caching.
I was under the impression that the OP owned his own server and had the resources available. Normally when I think large scale DDOS I don't consider small websites on shared hosting to be the targets. In the OP's case he should definitely grab a shared hosting plan with a big company that offer DDOS protection.

Are we even sure that his website is the primary target and not just sharing an IP with the server being affected? If his site isn't being targetted then changing to a server with a different IP should fix it.

If his site is the one being targetted and he requires offshore hosting then it's probably safe to assume he shouldn't be allowed to get support here since there are only a few website categories that require offshore hosting and tend to be the target for such attacks.

OP, please post a link to your site if you don't mind. Wink
Quote:If his site is the one being targetted and he requires offshore hosting then it's probably safe to assume he shouldn't be allowed to get support here since there are only a few website categories that require offshore hosting and tend to be the target for such attacks.

I don't see how that's really as relevant as the fact that we really can't help him anyways. The issue isn't MyBB related.
Touche salesman.
Pages: 1 2 3 4