MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Userbar Plugin v3.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Ok, this is the latest Userbar plugin release for MyBB. Instructions are included in the download. This verison is now bigger and better than ever. It now includes 2 plugins, in a single install. It now adds the ability for you to display, and cache, a board wide statistical signature containing stats like (total posts, total threads, and total users), and put all of that in a cache! It now includes a "Userbars Enabled" or "Statsig Enabled" phrase to the plugins page, allowing you to see whether each is enabled. It also has links to the appropriate plugin settings page!

What does it do?
This plugin allows users to display an image with post count along with their username and Usergroup. It also displays a link on the User CP summary to the users individual URL, as well as the ability to change the info on the userbar.
It also allows users to display a board wide signature that shows collective totals.

New to version 3.0:
- MyBB 1.6 Support

Features:
- Displays info on username,usergroup and posts.
- Change background image in Admin CP.
- Disable Userbars from Admin CP.
- Added HTML and BBCODE to user CP.
- Ability to choose referral link or forum link in admin CP
- Language file for easy translation (completed!)
- Cache added to reduce resource usage by this script!
- Board wide statistic signature.
- Augmentation of 2 scripts
- Users can now select which information they want to display.
- In the ACP, there is "Userbars Enabled" and "Statsig Enabled" to allow admins to see whether each is activated.
- A Link on plugins page to appropriate settings page.
- Verification if GD library is loaded and enabled (allowing image creation!)

Future features:
- Mini-Plugin system allowing data to be shown depending on the plugins you currently have installed (such as MyPlaza, New Points, MyPS etc...)

Screenshots:
Settings:
[attachment=17664]
User CP:
[attachment=18099]
Some examples (10 images come with plugin)
[attachment=17632]

Downloads:
File:

Language file (for translators only):
Click For Download!

More info:
Userbar version: 2.3
Supported (and tested) PHP versions: 5.2.9 & above
Supported (and tested) MyBB Versions: 1.4.13

Guide to upgrading:
If you get promted to overwrite ANY files, it is OK to overwrite. Many changes have been added to this release so relying on older files is not advised.
You must also delete the userbar.lang.php from the inc/languages/english/admin folder as the lang file has been relocated.
If you installed a version prior to v1.3 (1.2 BETA or earlier) please follow all the steps, if you installed a version after v1.3  please skip step 2

1. Go into Admin CP -> Configuration -> plugins and "de-activate" the userbar plugin/
2. Go into the UserCP template of your default theme and remove all of the code in the templatechanges.txt that came with the script.
3. Upload the new userbarplugin.php to the ./inc/plugins folder of your website.
4. Re activate the plugin in the admin CP

How to translate:
1. Download the language file above.
2. Change it to the language you speak.
3. Put it in a folder structure like this: Upload/inc/languages/english/userbar.lang.php
4. Put it in a .zip file with the name being you like this: "userbar 2.1 - german" This is for the 2.1 plugin and the language is german. :) (NOTE: DO NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THE FILES, ONLY THE LANGUAGES SECTION! So no userbar.php or images.)
5. Post it in this thread and I'll add it. 

Changelog & Bug Fixes
- Now installs on PHP 5.3.0 fine
- Supports MyBB 1.4.11
- Removed unnecessary Function
- Added Admin CP image changing
- Added BBcode and HTML to user CP
- Template changes automatic
- Template cell spacing and padding bug fix (1.3 r1)
- Minor template fix. (1.4 r1)
- Added language file(partial) (v1.5)
- Added language file (full) (v1.6)
- Added prefixes to lang file (1.6 r1)
- BUG FIX (lang) (v1.6 r2)
- Cache added (v2.0)
- Statsig added (v2.1)
- User can now select info to be displayed

LEGACY TRANSLATIONS:
These are made for 1.6 and are not supported in 2.x and 2.2(current release) requires a new translation:
Translations:
Persian
Turkish
we have lot of these z-z
@Glass - Sorry, but i not.

thanks for the grat plugin =D
Installing it now.

Edit: I get an error:

The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'userbarplugin' was given - Line: 101 - File: inc/class_plugins.php PHP 5.2.9 (Linux)
File	Line	Function
[PHP]	 	errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php	101	call_user_func_array
/inc/functions_user.php	393	pluginSystem->run_hooks
/usercp.php	42	usercp_menu
Oops! Smile I have fixed the upload.

You can simply go into userbarplugin.php in the plugins folder and change:
$plugins->add_hook("usercp_menu", "userbarplugin");

to this:
//$plugins->add_hook("usercp_menu", "userbarplugin");

It is right at the top Smile
Seems is not compatible with PHP 5.3.0
It should be, I built it and tested using 5.3.0 Confused

It seems to be the error I fixed earlier, whereby the hook was not completed (as it has yet to be implemented)
(2010-03-18, 04:19 PM)tommykent1210 Wrote: [ -> ]It should be, I built it and tested using 5.3.0 Confused

It seems to be the error I fixed earlier, whereby the hook was not completed (as it has yet to be implemented)

got some screenshots of the plugin?
Please view:
hmmm, very strange. Well I'll disable the function until its fixed (as its not actually needed yet Smile).

Hope this helps Smile

Ok, ive edited it and it installs fine:
PHP version= 5.3.0
MyBB version = 1.4.11
Userbar LITE version = v1.0 r4
Released v1.1 BETA
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15