MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hello world!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running Ubuntu for the first time on a Virtual Machine. Looking good so far, I like everything about it. I might get a theme for it, the default one is too simple and somehow annoying.
But with the upcoming 10.04 I might not need a theme, it looks nice. And that's when I'm fully switching to Linux and the whole open-source world. It will be up in late April, from what I read on the website. I think Wordpress 3.x is also being released somewhere in April.

I think I will only need to run the Steam platform for gaming and Adobe Photoshop, on WINE. I would use GIMP instead of PS, but I hate the UI, it's just really confusing.

And the fonts are really smooth, that's one thing I like in Ubuntu. But I admit I will miss the good old Windows. It will take a few months to get used to Linux.

(sadly the VM window is really small, so I haven't got the chance to try it on full screen.)
I tried running that on mine but my computer is too crappy. I will when I get a new one though.
@ Fav. Good job congratz. About Gimp try this. You see how there are two boxes (Windows/screens) on the bottom left of your screen? Right click, pref. and add 2 more boxes. Then made gimp menu's almost the whole screen. Tada, and to cherry on top, right click on the desktop, and enable the desktop effects. The the highest ones. If you have a scrolling mouse, you can switch between screens fast.

Be warned, 10.4 has many things i am kinda angry about. Yahoo default provider, No gimp in the minimal, are a few. The new UI, looks like crap. Complete crap. It makes ubuntu lose its idenity imho.

Also for some cool programs, type in the terminal

sudo apt-get install cowsay
Then say "cowsay Mark.M is the coolest guy on MyBB." in the terminal.
Check out Conky aswell. Agave is also good.

Anything else you need, feel free to msn me. (Profie)
(2010-03-18, 04:06 AM)Serenity278 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried running that on mine but my computer is too crappy. I will when I get a new one though.

Have you tried using a different window manager? Such as LXDE or XFCE, Fluxbox? Try TinyMCE. Its worked on every old computer i've had.