MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-03-18, 12:53 PM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]Probably should've checked. I tend to read code more than test things out >_>

The private variable business can sometimes lead one to write rather exotic workarounds, like this one:
	global $parser;
	// try to obtain parser options
	$opts = array('allow_mycode' => 1, 'filter_badwords' => 1); // defaults if we can't retrieve options
	if(is_object($parser)) {
		if($GLOBALS['mybb']->version_code >= 1600) {
			// it's a private variable on MyBB 1.6 :(
			// so we have to do an elaborate hack to get this to work... >_>
			$ptxt = serialize($parser);
			$p = strpos($ptxt, "s:19:\"\0postParser\0options\";a:");
			if($p) {
				$ptxt = substr($ptxt, $p + 27);
				$ptxt = substr($ptxt, 0, strpos($ptxt, '}') + 1);
				$opts = @unserialize($ptxt);
			}
		} else
			$opts =& $parser->options;
	}

So what which variables have become private now?
The AdminCP URLs are still backwards compatible with the 1.4 URLs but we highly recommend that you upgrade your plugins to the new "dash" ("-") separator so you don't have problems with mod_security stopping your plugin from working.
i upgraded my forum to 1.6.
Everything is as it was before. All my plugins are working
(2010-03-21, 01:24 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]i upgraded my forum to 1.6.
You shouldn't have done that. If they update the upgrade file, what will you do?
Yes, there's not going to be a supported upgrade path for people who are already upgrading so you'll have to do manual database changes if there are any more made. More work for you in the end.

(2010-03-21, 01:41 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-21, 01:24 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]i upgraded my forum to 1.6.
You shouldn't have done that. If they update the upgrade file, what will you do?

(2010-03-21, 01:56 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, there's not going to be a supported upgrade path for people who are already upgrading so you'll have to do manual database changes if there are any more made. More work for you in the end.

OMG!!!
thanks you said it early enough.
I had made backups of my files and database. I'm gonna revert to 1.4 now itself
EDIT: Done reverting. everything went fine

Thanks again for warning early Smile
How did you upgrade? There's no upgrade script. Or is it?
You just overwrite mybb 14 with 16 and run the install / upgrade script
You would get the latest copy from svn, then upload all those files over the 1.4 ones, then go to http://yoursitenamehere.ext/forumnamehere/install/ and then use the upgrade option.

In case you are not an experienced user I would advise backing up all your files and database to be safe as always.

On a side note:
I did a recent test on things. I did a 1.4 merge from 1.6 with absolute success. I have yet to see any database damage and everything is running smoothly and in tact of the proper version schematics for mysql database. Of course with the merge system for either versions you lose all the userfields which is inherent to the merge system itself. I see that as a problem that has existed from essentially it's entire development. Not that any of the above pertains to your question. Just wanted to share. I test a lot of different things for the sake of it. Not recommended for the average user though.
Pages: 1 2 3