MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backup PRoblem ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys,
This is a really co-incicendal situation ! Even i have no clue how it happened !

I used the myBB backup and made a backup using GZip compression.

Then my hoster somehow lost all my data...All my files were gone..So i started again by the using process setuping the forum...

So now the question where do i upload this Compressed(index.php) file and WILL IT RESTORE MY THREADS,USERS ?????

Please help me....Huh
Well, you definitely need to switch hosts. They must be terrible, I hope you aren't paying. Also, I thought zips couldn't be uploaded again. I don't know for sure... :s
Index.php? Well that page doesn't store any posts etc... Backups from the MyBB admin CP are in text format or GZIP format. To import go to PHPMyAdmin and click Import at the top then upload the file and see what happens.
(2010-03-18, 03:26 PM)Mod Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I thought zips couldn't be uploaded again. I don't know for sure... :s

What would be the point in exporting it as a zip if it couldn't be used??

Import it in phpMyAdmin and as long as it was a complete backup, you'll be fine.
(2010-03-18, 05:41 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-18, 03:26 PM)Mod Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I thought zips couldn't be uploaded again. I don't know for sure... :s

What would be the point in exporting it as a zip if it couldn't be used??

Import it in phpMyAdmin and as long as it was a complete backup, you'll be fine.

I'll have all my posts back ?
If you actually have a backup (not quite clear from your description), yes, otherwise no.
Since you apparently don't have backup of your files, attachments and avatars will be missing.
And themes and plugins.
(2010-03-18, 02:47 PM)5416339 Wrote: [ -> ]So now the question where do i upload this Compressed(index.php) file and WILL IT RESTORE MY THREADS,USERS ?????

They shouldn't be called index.php, they should be called something like backup_f94ba4c64atP9GDt2qaF7dkqHuMYclXxfFCimtzquYIlxVmsJJljbJDAwmMT4AD7.sql.gz do you have a file like that?

If you don't have a file like this and you have no other backup then you may not be able to recover your posts.

If you do have a file like that the easiest way is probably to extract the file with 7-Zip, then open the .sql file with Notepad++ and copy the query into PHPMyAdmin and run it.