MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default Banned Reason?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was testing some random things out and I deliberately put (one of) my accounts into a "banned" group (without going through and "banning" the account). I noticed that the warning displayed says "Ban Reason: Unknown
Ban will be lifted: Unknown" and I would like to know if there is any way of changing the "reason" to something other than unknown in this case, without changing the time the ban will be lifted to the same text. I tried looking through the language files but didn't see anything for just one or the other, and editing unknown edits them both (so editing that to be a default reason wouldn't work).
I'm guessing not, or really not by default. I found where it's set to that language variable in global.php. Oh well, was just wanting to change something for a day for fun. lol
Go to: ModCP > Banning > Ban a user
Fill in all the info (including reason & ban lift)
(2010-03-20, 08:55 PM)RhysH Wrote: [ -> ]Go to: ModCP > Banning > Ban a user

LOL! Yes, I know how to properly use the feature, thanks. =P

I was wanting to do this so that I could set everyone to be "banned" (without actually eliminating any features) at once on the first. It looks like I'd need to edit files or templates though, or just put a fake version of the banned warning.
(2010-03-20, 08:55 PM)RhysH Wrote: [ -> ]Go to: ModCP > Banning > Ban a user
Please read the opening poster.

@OP: You can edit this by going into the languages/(your language)/global.lang.php file, then editing the Unknown phrase to what you wish.
(2010-03-20, 10:53 PM)Sajuuk Wrote: [ -> ]@OP: You can edit this by going into the languages/(your language)/global.lang.php file, then editing the Unknown phrase to what you wish.

Thank you, but I found that as well
initial post Wrote:I tried looking through the language files but didn't see anything for just one or the other, and editing unknown edits them both (so editing that to be a default reason wouldn't work).

So if the "unknown" was set to "because I feel like it" (for example), then it would read:
"Ban Reason: because I feel like it Ban will be lifted: because I feel like it"
While that one phrase could work in both places, others I could think of putting up will not.

Thanks for trying though.