MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: change background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how do i ckange the background to black and white..like 2 tone and where do i put it..thanks in advance
Did you get your forum working?

Because here.....

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-66488.html

It appears you were having trouble with it and folks were helping you......and now you're asking for other help (also in another post thread you've started), yet you've not let anyone know if the original problem has been resolved!!

May I make a small suggestion to you, since it seems that you may want to be asking several questions here at MyBB, why not show a little respect for the folks who help you, and at least say thanks to them, and let them know if they have helped you solve your problem/s, rather than just move onto creating more post threads asking questions!! Smile
Edit the CSS sheet.
(2010-03-20, 05:59 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]Did you get your forum working?

Because here.....

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-66488.html

It appears you were having trouble with it and folks were helping you......and now you're asking for other help (also in another post thread you've started), yet you've not let anyone know if the original problem has been resolved!!

May I make a small suggestion to you, since it seems that you may want to be asking several questions here at MyBB, why not show a little respect for the folks who help you, and at least say thanks to them, and let them know if they have helped you solve your problem/s, rather than just move onto creating more post threads asking questions!! Smile

Instead of wasting a post on this thread by calling him out on something so trivial, why not try helping him?

(2010-03-20, 03:51 AM)DUBLIN5 Wrote: [ -> ]how do i ckange the background to black and white..like 2 tone and where do i put it..thanks in advance

AdminCP --> Templates & Styles --> Edit your theme --> Edit Global.css

Put the hex color that you want your background to be in the Background field.

Example: #ffffff

Look here for hexs http://cloford.com/resources/colours/500col.htm

It sounds like you want a gradient though? You can make one in a paint program such a gimp. (Google how to make a gradient) When you do, you save it, and put it in your themes image folder.

And in the background field in the Global.css instead of just putting a hex value put this instead...

url(images/yourthemesname/yourimage.png) repeat
thank you..sorry but i couldn't find this thread thanks again
I uploaded my image to this directory and im placing this code in the background field but im getting a error with white fields taking over my forum, any ideas how i can get this image as my background?

Thanks

url(images/complete_darkness/35596252.gif) repeat

www.gaforums.co.uk
does it have to be .png?
url(publice_html/images/complete_darkness/35596252.gif) repeat

Is this correct?
Change it to: url(images/complete_darkness/35596252.gif) repeat-x
i got it working with this code url(images/complete_darkness/backblackgrou.png) repeat

Just now im working on my other forum which is on the same host and no joy Confused

Any help appreciated
www.gaforums.co.uk
/public_html/www.gaforums.co.uk/images/complete_darkness/35596252.gif

That is the path to my 2nd forums themes images