MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: On registration ppl are not having activation email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello i need help on this.

After members are trying to register on my forum and they create a new account the go on their emails to activate their account but there is not activation email .

When some people said me i was not believing so i tryed to create a test account . When i went to activate my account it was true . NO Email activation not in inbox or even spam .

What should i do ? Im using MyBB 1.4.11
Run this test: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Hello,

First go into AdminCP > Configuration > General Settings : See what emails in "Admin Email".

If nothing is there make a Email Account in your Hosts Control Panel and put it there or http://googlemail.com.

If that still does not work

AdminCP > Configuration > Mail Settings > Fill out the Info.
(2010-03-20, 02:27 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Run this test: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

will check it now .

(2010-03-20, 02:29 PM)Xotoxis Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

First go into AdminCP > Configuration > General Settings : See what emails in "Admin Email".

If nothing is there make a Email Account in your Hosts Control Panel and put it there or http://googlemail.com.

If that still does not work

AdminCP > Configuration > Mail Settings > Fill out the Info.

I saw this and it everything good .

EDIT ***
Test the PHP mail (from MyBB mail help) was good

Webhost Restrictions didnt tryed that cause i dont know , maybe im doing something wrong but i cant make the test to prove that this is my host fault .
Did it just say the email was sent or did you actually receive it too??
(2010-03-20, 03:20 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Did it just say the email was sent or did you actually receive it too??

Only said that the message was send . In my email add there is nothing .
Then this doesn't seem to be an issue with MyBB if plain and simple PHP mail on it's own had the same results... ask your host about it or setup SMTP mail in the ACP.
Thx Matt .

I will talk with my host for support but can you show me also how to setup SMTP in my ACP ?
This is kind of offtopic but who do you host with?
(2010-03-20, 07:11 PM)Xotoxis Wrote: [ -> ]This is kind of offtopic but who do you host with?

an offshore hosting based in Germany... not something big . 11 domains inside .
Pages: 1 2