MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What makes a theme worth selling?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So i been thinking, some people sell themes and people say its not worth selling. I just want to know what you think a theme should have to be worth selling?
IMO it would have to be a orange hot theme to get anyone's attention let alone cash 0_0.
Ok the design, any other thoughts?
In my opinion, a selling theme has to be extremely high-quality and would have to be totally unique; something that hasn't been done ever. And don't sell it for an unusually-high price. Keep it at a reasonable price. Smile
Well to start off I doubt I'd want to pay for a pre-made theme. If I was going to spend money I'd want to tell them exactly how I wanted everything to look. Also, I'd want to theme to be exclusively for me. I wouldn't want to shell out my money and then turn around and visit another board with my theme.
For a theme to be worth selling, every detail should be taken into account. The design must be pixel perfect looking relatively the same in all browsers. Like Kazuto said it has to have a certain uniqueness to it. The code must also be taken into consideration. It must have the three C's: commented, clean, and consistent. To sum it all up, every little detail from the positioning of an element to the HTML and CSS that make up the theme has to be taken into consideration and be the best theme the designer has ever made.
I find in order for a theme to be worth buying it has to be complety custom. A good example would be this theme for ipb. -

http://www.invisionize.com/market/v-24/A...is-Is-IPB/
The fact that no one else has it.