MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think the Google SEO mod should be core functionality for MyBB 2.0 . Since this forum uses it (why though, when this site should have no plugins).

Discuss...
Pretty sure this forum doesn't use it. Undecided
Umm, ya this site doesn't use it. It uses the default SEO urls.
(2010-03-20, 09:59 PM)Sajuuk Wrote: [ -> ]I think the Google SEO mod should be core functionality for MyBB 2.0 . Since this forum uses it (why though, when this site should have no plugins).

We just use the SEF URLs that everybody has access to...
The SEF URL's we use are already a core MyBB function...
Oh.
That method only seems to work on a select number of hosts. If I enable the builtin rewrites, it doesn't work. But enabling Google SEO rewrites works. Confused
You have to have the correct rewrite rules in your .htaccess to make the builtin sef work. Also, the builtin rewrites have a Yes/No/Auto-Detect setting. The Auto-Detect one does not necessarily work on all hosts. Try setting it to Yes.
Well, I did all that and it didn't work whatsoever.
Had you renamed htaccess.txt to .htaccess before that?
I half-agree with this suggestion. I think in MyBB 2.0 we should have more of a choice between SEF links, be it the original forum-xx.html/thread-xx.html or by-name SEF links that frostshutz's Google SEO plugin does, but more friendlier. Smile
Pages: 1 2