MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP PLEASE! Forum gone wayward!!! PROBLEM SOLVED, but WHY???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear all,

I created a forum using MyBB after trying PHP-BB and SMF and was very happy with it. I had plans to launch it to the public sometime later, so password protected it using cPanel provided by my host.

Now, when I unlocked it, it was not displaying the graphics such as buttons and logos. I tried all I could but was unable to get the desired result. To save it, I first copied all the files and folders into a new folder and then reinstalled MyBB version 1.4.11 on a new database. The forum is installed, but the graphics are still not showing and I am perplexed and baffled what the problem might be. Here is the link to my forum...

Please, please, please help!

Thanks,
Ijlal
I'm getting a 403 when I try and view your images, what's ./images/ and the files inside CHMOD to??
I was able to view images individually (at least the toplink ones) but I noticed the /images/ folder redirects me back to the home page and /images/toplinks/ returns a 403.
(2010-03-20, 10:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting a 403 when I try and view your images, what's ./images/ and the files inside CHMOD to??

Hi Matt,

Thanks for taking interest. The images folder is CHMOD to 755 and the files to 644.

Ijlal
CHMOD to 777, Should work
Why would you need it to be 777?? If that's necessary to get this to work then you would want to ask your host why, 777 is not needed for this.

Do you have any .htaccess files anywhere??
(2010-03-20, 11:48 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Why would you need it to be 777?? If that's necessary to get this to work then you would want to ask your host why, 777 is not needed for this.

Do you have any .htaccess files anywhere??

Yes, Matt, there is a .htaccess file in the installation root folder, which also happens to be a sub-domain. In my main domain I have not created a homepage, so I have setup a redirect to /public_html/my_shopping_cart/ folder; dont know if that has any significance to this....
Since you mentioned .htaccess file, I checked and experimented with it. There was this line of code: RewriteRule .*\.(jpg|jpeg|gif|png|bmp)$ - [F,NC]

I experimented by removing this and voila, the pics are showing nice and proper.

What has left me confused is I had set up through cPanel that pics of the above types not be linked to so as to save bandwidth from being stolen....
You are suppose to do it via the cPanel with the Hotlink option.
(2010-03-21, 12:53 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]You are suppose to do it via the cPanel with the Hotlink option.

Well, that is how I did it!
(2010-03-21, 01:11 AM)ijlal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-21, 12:53 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]You are suppose to do it via the cPanel with the Hotlink option.

Well, that is how I did it!
Good job... Also next time please pick a more suitable title Angel.
Pages: 1 2