MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Alternate ways to Subscribe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2010-03-21, 10:02 PM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]@CCalby, are you able to walk to a walmart or a supermarket? If so you can buy a disposable visa card.

Yes, thats what I do, but to by a $25 Visa, it costs $4 in fees Rolleyes so I use my bank account with paypal but it takes 5 days for my money to get into my bank.
For me personally, I use Visa Gift Cards. And then when I get payments into my paypal, I use paypal.
Quote:Ok so I have alot of people say to me that they would like to use the themes I have on CustoMyBB but can't because they are either a minor or just don't have the money.

I think you'll have to decide if you're going to make their problem your problem. You can't be responsible for the fact they're minors or don't have the money.

If you feel it's fair or worth it to offers posts then do it but don't feel pressured imho to offer something for free.
(2010-03-22, 10:31 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I think you'll have to decide if you're going to make their problem your problem. You can't be responsible for the fact they're minors or don't have the money.

* ladyunicornejg starts to comment but decides to cut way back instead.

This mentality says a lot about the world...on many different levels... that's all I'm saying.
Well I don't want to just give away things because part of me getting CustoMyBB going and working on a couple of my other new sites is to pay my summer income.

Though I don't want to be one of those forums that says "Im Better than You" just because I'm Premium.

The only logical way I can think that would make a sub worth it is the contests I had talked about or the posts. But even with the posts, this is my only open forum so I'm kind of at a loss here.
Do you allow premium accounts to be purchased as gifts to others? I don't see what would stop somebody from bartering their services to get a $6.99 account. Better yet, why not get a partnership with other forum owners? If you can find some quality posters I would be glad to pay for a handful of premium accounts in exchange for some posts on my forums. Wink
That could be a good idea KuJoe.

I could install Pirata's VIP Plugin. If you want to buy a membership for someone else, you just contact me and I upgrade their account if you've made the transaction.

As for the posts, I would promote it if you decided to do it.
what guarantee do we have for the $6.99?
You have to assume that I am an honurable businessman.

I have run many sites previous:
Nintendo303
Land of Guthix
Web Hosting Is Free
Gaming Boards
Webmaster's Resort
Lyndon Studios
Infinite Ads (Current)
Warcraft Tips (Coming Soon)
Jesus Generation (Current)

Plus, I don't think I've ever scammed anyone. Unless you call luring someone into the wild on RS and ending up dieing a scam, lol.

You basically just have to take my word for it.
Quote:Well I don't want to just give away things because part of me getting CustoMyBB going and working on a couple of my other new sites is to pay my summer income.

Then don't and don't be pressured into doing something you feel isn't right for you.

If you're going to try to transition into making income from online work you have to learn to draw a line in the sand. You have to set limits. If you start giving away what you're trying to sell you'll never make any real money. People will take advantage of you.

IMHO you can set some simpler free templates aside and require posts/links or whatever. But make sure the premium work you do maintains some integrity for value otherwise it will be worthless.

From my experience it's the people that get things free that are really quick to share with others. So I suggest you consider that reality too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4