MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BackUp Doubt ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i have a few problems !

I made a backup for my old forum.Then i deleted it ! Now i had setup a new forum and most of my old members have again created IDs and started wrting posts in my new forum.

So here are the questions :

1.So now if i upload the backup file will my all my existing uses be replace by the Older members .

2.Will the members in both the old and new forums be overwritten if i upload the backup in the new forums?

3.Will the current forums and posts be overwritten if they have the same "FORUM NAME"

4.Will i get all the threads back and will the number of posts be added up ?

Thank you..
I'm guessing they will, as the forums and posts will have the same ID as the backup. So you will have replies on the new forum linking to threads on the old forum. I think you will have to decide whether to lose 1 forum or the other Confused
Will it alert me in replacing or anything like that ?
If you ran the backup through a SQL query it would give you errors for duplicate keys. The best thing you could do would be to make a new set of files (+ a new database), upload the backup there. Then you could use the merge system to merge the two together.
Well it depends how you backed up. I assume you used phpmyadmin?

If so, then if you chose to use the "INSERT" method of backing up, then it will fail as it cant create a table that is already there. If you used the "UPDATE" method then it will replace without warning. But then you will have post confilicts

Sad How many posts does your backup have? and how many does the new forum have?

EDIT: Wow got there before me Polarbear Smile