MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just downloaded both the .sql (Plain text) and the zipped version of my forum, my forum version is 1.4.11 (I think), how do i use the backup from the database, because we are planning on switching hosts.
You load it from phpmyadmin.
(2010-03-21, 04:06 PM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]You load it from phpmyadmin.

Thanks, I will try.

EDIT: Do I need to setup Mybb first or does it automatically do that.
You need to set MyBB up first. You can upload through PHPMyAdmin or through your AdminCP.
You setup MyBB and point them to the database you want. Than you upload the SQL to that database and viola. If you're with a decent host they should transfer you for free.
When I try install it i get

The configuration file (inc/config.default.php) could not be renamed. Please manually rename the config.default.php file to config.php to allow it to be written to or contact MyBB Support.

The configuration file (inc/config.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The settings file (inc/settings.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The cache directory (cache/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The uploads directory (uploads/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The avatars directory (uploads/avatars/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.
[Wiki: CHMOD_Files] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
[Wiki: HowTo_Chmod] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
But I don't even have those files.
You need to upload them in your hosting.
Pages: 1 2