MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backing Up Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok guys i need help on this asap lol. Ive created a forum earlier today , been adding mods to it all day long and basically building my forum to get it ready to launch.

But

When i added a certain mod , tried loading my forum , got an error saying that a file was not available. Ive had this before , normally id just delete what i just installed , but this particular mod was all over the place. I ended up deleting the admin config file. Which erased my configuration option in the admin panel leaving me with no chioce but to start again.

How can i avoid this?

Ive created another forum , ive backed it up from the forum admin control panel as a "backup.sql" file. Is this enough to back my forum up? If not what can i do? If it is enough then how do i recover my forum from that file.

Hope someone can give me a good ecplanation on this as it seems to be vital to know what to do. Id hate to have my forum for 6 months or so and then to lose everything so easily.

Thanks again guys Wink
Well the best thing to do is make regular backups of both the files and database. What is your webhost?
If you can actually tell us what file was 'not available' we'll be able to fix the cause of that. Also there is no admin config file, not entirely sure what you're referring to there.
I think it was just a language file. But thats ok now. My main issue is backing up my forum. Im currently running on a free host "limedomains.com" but i think that my current package lets me backup my database, so can this be done entirly from the forum admin panel itself ?
If it said that it would have just been an incorrect CHMOD or something.

Yeah, assuming they haven't removed access to it, there's a Database Backup option in the Tools & Maintenance section of the ACP.
ok so ive backed upthe database from the ACP on the forum. So if my forum was to have a complete failure again , how do i restore it?