MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My first forum board, RC Store 'N More
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just set it so they are automatically activated. Wink
(2010-03-23, 11:55 PM)Mod Wrote: [ -> ]Just set it so they are automatically activated. Wink

And let the spammer bots reign supreme? I don't think so.
(2010-03-23, 11:58 PM)Discoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-23, 11:55 PM)Mod Wrote: [ -> ]Just set it so they are automatically activated. Wink

And let the spammer bots reign supreme? I don't think so.

Askimet and Stop Forum Spam are two plugins that help disallow that.
Also to centre it
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
I have askimet active, but regardless I still need to get mail working correctly so that i can send mass mails and that the contact mail link is working correctly. Otherwise, managing the board when it picks up in traffic is going to be a bit tricky.
(2010-03-23, 11:36 PM)Discoman Wrote: [ -> ]To center the logo, I just need to put <center> HTML tag right?
yeah, and try resizing width to approx 910px. I don't know but most people have small resolutions and that size fits right in that theme i think (1024x768).

(2010-03-23, 11:36 PM)Discoman Wrote: [ -> ]And i'll start trying to grow the forum once I can get my activation email issue fixed. Right now people aren't receiving their activation emails when they sign up.
I think they are they receives the activation email but in spam folder. I had this problem too. If that so, you can make an announcement in header like "Don't Forget to check Spam Folder of your email" or something...
(2010-03-24, 06:31 AM)unihood Wrote: [ -> ]I think they are they receives the activation email but in spam folder. I had this problem too. If that so, you can make an announcement in header like "Don't Forget to check Spam Folder of your email" or something...

No. I registered there earlier on and did NOT receive the activation email at all - not even in spam.
the mail is probably a phpmail issue. Try the PHP Simple E-Mail script on this page : http://www.w3schools.com/PHP/php_mail.asp

if that doesn't work contact your host.

I like afresh themes, my site started with one. (i even still have the copyright thingy in place although my forum doesn't look like afresh at all lol.)

I think this theme is a good choice.

For a starting forum i would not put up so many categories. Empty categories are a turndown for a lot of people. For example the toys category i would make one. Once you got some good momentum regarding visitors/posts starting with categories is soon enough..

just my 2c..
Pages: 1 2