MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Placing A Link On My Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys ,

I really need to get this done asssssap lol , im looking to place a link inside the red box on that image below , can u guys write up some code and let me know were exactly to place it. Thanks guys hope you can help. Undecided

[Image: sawg9k.png]
I put my links in the toplinks area. If you got the space, go for that. It'll look a lot better with an image. Wink
Yea i do , but were can i find the toplink area? templates then where ?
Admin CP > Themes and Styles > Templates > Afresh Ocean(?) Templates > Header Templates > header_welcomeblock_guest

Find this:
<span class="float_right"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php" class="search">{$lang->toplinks_search}</a><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/memberlist.php" class="memberlist">{$lang->toplinks_memberlist}</a><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/calendar.php" class="calendar">{$lang->toplinks_calendar}</a><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help" class="help">{$lang->toplinks_help}</a></span>

Add <a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/xxx.php" class="[CSS class here]>[Link name]</a> after "span=class"float_right"".

Do this for header_welcomeblock_member if you want member-only links, as well. And if you want an image next to the link, add a class in '.upper_panel' within global.css in the Themes area.

Wow, this is a long post. Toungue
Thanks alot m8 , appreciate that. Ty
Oops, forgot to close the MyBB string. Add a '}' right before the slash in the anchor tag. ^^;;;
dam i think im doing it wrong lol, i want to display "Tube Video"

How do i do that
This is what currently there for the "Search" link:

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php" class="search">{$lang->toplinks_search}</a>
If you mean in the toplinks area, type:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/[filename]">Tube Video</a>
Oh , so how do i link that , where do i place the url ?
After <span class="float_right"> in header_welcomeblock_guest template.
Pages: 1 2