MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IP banned from my own forum >.>
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.
I think I might have been IPbanned from my own forum >.<
I was running Acunetix on it, which is a web scanner that checks for vulnerabilities in the site, and I think that is what caused it. I connected to a VPN and was able to load it just fine. I went to my Admin CP and made sure my IP wasn't in the bans list, and it wasn't. Any fixes? I'm sure it'll resolve itself in a few hours, but I just wanted to know a) what caused this and b) how to fix it. I didn't implement any auto-ban feature, so..
How exactly has it banned it?? If it's not been banned via MyBB I'm not sure what we can do. What message do you get when you access the site??
(2010-03-23, 12:15 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]How exactly has it banned it?? If it's not been banned via MyBB I'm not sure what we can do. What message do you get when you access the site??

I would not know. I'd assume via some innate anti-DDoS protection.
In any case, it's fixed now. I think it might have actually been a problem with Firefox. I tried it with Chrome, and it worked, so who knows.

It was a typical "Server could not be found" page that you get when the webpage times out.
Oops, just read the post propally. Miss read it last time. Ignore this post.
(2010-03-23, 01:36 PM)ReDDs Wrote: [ -> ]My IP got blocked from my own forum. I used a proxy to login and un-block it. You could always try that?
http://air-proxy.com
http://proxydonkey.com

Not to sound curt, but I stated in the first post that my IP was not on the blacklist in my ACP.

This issue has been resolved. This thread can be locked Smile
Care to share the solution? Some people actually search before posting a thread, and if they do, they might find the solution for this kind of problem.
(2010-03-23, 01:53 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Care to share the solution? Some people actually search before posting a thread, and if they do, they might find the solution for this kind of problem.

I have no idea. As I said, it might have been a problem with Firefox.
You were probably banned by an Apache module temporarily due to the scan.