MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Having some theme problems.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all. I'm having some theme problems. I'm trying to incorporate the new Macme design with the forums. As you can see everything seems to be centered, and I can't see why. And I also need to get the forum to fit into a box, not just fill the whole screen. If anyone can help me, please do.
Also, not that it matters too much, but theres that white strip at the top, that's not on the design on other parts of the site, just the forums. So it must be something that MyBB is doing. How can I get rid if that?
http://macme.org/forums/index.php
Aren't the icons at the top Engadget's?
(2010-03-23, 01:37 PM)Infranight Wrote: [ -> ]Aren't the icons at the top Engadget's?

yeah, I based the theme on there site, I'll change them when I get time. And I've credited them in the footer, but the footer isn't up yet.
Well, put a
<div class="container"> 
At the end of the header template.
And then add:
</div>
To the beginning of the footer template.

Go to your global.css and add this:
.container {
	width: 960px;
	margin: auto auto;
}
Yep, I did exactly that. But it's still not working, maybe it's my catch. I'll check in another browser.

EDIT: Nope, tried on another computer and it's still not working.
There's a difference between #container and .container.
Change the # to a .
Btw, add text-align: left as well.
(2010-03-23, 02:15 PM)Infranight Wrote: [ -> ]There's a difference between #container and .container.
Change the # to a .
Btw, add text-align: left as well.

Arr, I see. It was set to test align center, I never notice. Thanks. But the css, I am using a . instead of a #?

Do you think you could have a look for me, if I gave you my admin details? I'm not bothered if you change my password, because I can always recover it from the MySQL.
Sure, and keep the body as text-align: center, just change the container.
EDIT: When I look at your CSS, I only find a #container, try adding the class (.container)
(2010-03-23, 02:33 PM)Infranight Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, and keep the body as text-align: center, just change the container.
EDIT: When I look at your CSS, I only find a #container, try adding the class (.container)

Everytime I do, it changes it back again? My whole MyBB is now mucked up, none of the posts are working and I can't turn the board on offline mode. I think I'm going to custom design a theme, then upload it with a clean install.

I have a backup of MyBB, how do I use it?
Upload it via phpMyAdmin.