MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posts appearing in wrong order in thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Curious problem, sometimes on my forum posts appear in the wrong order in the thread. A user will post something at say 10:20am and the a different user will reply to the thread at say 10:25am but the post time will read as 9:30am or something random and thus appear BEFORE the other post.

I hope what I just said made sense. I've checked the dateline field for the post and that is incorrect, so I think something grabs the wrong time at submission and enters it into the DB.

I have checked the SERVER['REQUEST_TIME'] var in the php info page and that IS correct.

I'm out of ideas. Please help! Big Grin

EDIT: I've just noticed something else, in the ACP settings for Date & Time Formats occasionally the times in the dropdown box change significantly, just now it went from 3:57PM (correct time) to 8:57AM. Maybe this is a server issue?
It could be some sort of time-warping. There was an issue here a while back where the server had a moment and some posts were being made 24 hours into the future, post made after that appeared before. Could you check with your host to see if they know if there's been any time issues??
Turns out it was a host issue, resolved now. Just out of interest, would threads still work if posts were ordered by pid rather than dateline?
Can't immediately think of any problems with that, but if this issue was happening often enough to warrant that change, I'd be slightly concerned.