MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changes to layout don't stick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

Before I tried to make changes to my live forum and I made a messConfused.
So now I have placed my forum on my local wamp server but everytime I make changes to for example global.css in the administrator area these changes don't show up on the front-end, even though the global.css file itself is being changed.

So I thought I'd rename the whole themes folder to see what would happen to the front-end of the forum and to my surprise nothing happend. I even deleted the whole themes folder and opened the forum in another browser and still no change. The forum appears as normal.

How can this be? I thought that the layout of the forum was connected to the themes folder and it's files.
Done Ctrl + F5?? May be a configuration issue somewhere... hard for us to do anything really if it's on a localhost.
I did and it makes no difference.

Strange thing is, that before I messed things up on my life forum I noticed it there as well. That's the reason I finally messed it all up and had to put back a backup of the site and even of the database and I moved over to a local installation.

How can it be that on a life server and on my local server the site somehow seems to get disconnected from the themes folder?

I understand that saying anything about a local installation is difficult but seeing as it also happend on a life forum I am kind of baffled.
Are the changes present in the actual global.css file you can access from your browser?
Go to: AdminCP > Themes & Templates Then Force the theme on users.