MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: merchandising with Cafepress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
has anyone used Cafepress, Printfection or a similar site to offer merchandise to their forum members? im considering running a contest with the winning image being made available on cafepress gear. any tips on how to do this?
I have gotten a few shirts through cafe press for my sites and the quality of the products is ok, as is the printing but as they print there designs they tend to fade pretty quickly. Screen printing or vinyl transfers tend to be more durable and last longer. I haven't tried Printfection but I hear they are quite good and their shop system is much better for integrating into your site so I plan on trying them soon.

Maybe one option might be to ask around to see if you can borrow a screen printing "screen" and make them yourself if you have a design with only one or two colours Toungue I did this before and it worked pretty well, the shirts still look new after 3 or so years! The screen is basically just a timber frame with a really fine mesh, I think it might actually be like silk, stretched over it.
There is an infomercial for something like that all the time Tim Toungue.

I haven't heard anything really bad about them. But, never used them myself.