MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Must Read] Do You Want To Run Your Own Forum for Free?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-03-24, 03:46 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-24, 02:56 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get it. sub.domain.com isn't any different from domain.com/folder
It is. Crawlers like Google, MSN, and Yahoo treat subdomains the same as domains but do not treat directories the same as domains. All the content in the root folder for the domain meaning website.com/ will be indexed quicker and more precise than content in a directory like website.com/directory.

Because subdomains have there own root directory the content located at sub.website.com/ will be index quicker and more precise than content in a directory like website.com/directory.

So if somebody does something stupid on their forum that causes Googlebot to get pissed off, they ruin it for everyone else?
(2010-03-24, 03:50 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-24, 03:46 AM)Bob Jansen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-24, 02:56 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get it. sub.domain.com isn't any different from domain.com/folder
It is. Crawlers like Google, MSN, and Yahoo treat subdomains the same as domains but do not treat directories the same as domains. All the content in the root folder for the domain meaning website.com/ will be indexed quicker and more precise than content in a directory like website.com/directory.

Because subdomains have there own root directory the content located at sub.website.com/ will be index quicker and more precise than content in a directory like website.com/directory.

So if somebody does something stupid on their forum that causes Googlebot to get pissed off, they ruin it for everyone else?
Well if you own website.com and you give out space to a friend at website.com/buddy than all the results on website.com/buddy will be related to website.com. If you make a buddy.website.com than the results are also related website.com but have the same index rate as website.com.

For example: help.twitter.com belongs to Twitter and the content is created by Twitter. They did this to have the help.twitter.com be index by Google faster than twitter.com/username which is not related to twitter besides using it service and being on the same domain.
They would be receiving MySQL access as well, though I failed to specify.

Listen guys, I know most (if not all) of you out there are forum owners with a .com and paid hosting, but I'm doing this also because as I said, I would have killed to have this opportunity way back when I started administrating. If you have any legit questions, please PM instead of cluttering up this thread.

The title was not intentionally misleading, iPod15, as you are getting free hosting and domain.

Users who are interested are basically getting the same accesses I have. If they believe the domain is too specific, they can buy their own and still use my hosting.

Please keep it to those interested.
You can also get a free domain here.
http://co.cc
(2010-03-24, 01:54 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]You can also get a free domain here.
http://co.cc

Thank you for the blatant disregard of my previous post. What you have posted has not only been mentioned before, but also addressed.

BeatdownOnline.com is a TLD.

This is just an experiment and while I appreciate the feedback, I only wish for those interested to post in this thread.

PM me if you have questions/comments.
This doesn't seem too beneficial. I mean, you're offering nothing more than hosting (which a lot of free hosts can provide for free, obv.) and a folder. In all honesty, I'd rather have a .co.cc domain on free hosting than this. You might be able to interest more people if you offer to buy them their own domain, not just a folder off your own.
(2010-03-24, 03:51 PM)ryanscarp Wrote: [ -> ]BeatdownOnline.com is a TLD.

.cc is also a TLD.

In fact, name one domain that doesn't have a TLD.

.createmybb.com
.tankbb.net
.freewebs.com
.co.cc
.co.nr
.cz.cc
.ath.cx
.is-a-geek.com

It's all TLD.
TLD arn't the URL. They are:

.com
.net
.biz.
.xxx*soon*
.org
.cc

Its the end that are TLD. Your title is wrong because you are providing a Subdomain with any access, but not a .com domain name. AS IN, whatIwantittobecalled.com.
Guys, I've already stated numerous times to take this to PM's if you are not interested in services.

I should revise my initial statement as I do admit it is awkwardly worded (better yet, it awkwardly explains what I'm trying to offer).

What I'm offering is for any user to run his or her own forum how they want it without restrictions under the beatdownonline.com domain whether it be under a subdomain or a directory.

This should alleviate some confusion regarding this matter.

What I was referring to when I regarded beatdownonline.com as a TLD, was a GTLD (generic top level domain). .cc domains are CCTLDs (country code top level domains) of the Cocos Islands.

I don't mean to come across as rude, I just wish to keep this thread uncluttered. Please, feel free to PM me with feedback though! Smile

Edit: I edited the title for accuracy.
Well, just saying and I will leave.

Visitors reading, if you want a domain name that is small and whatever hosting you want and is free...check out co.cc

Free domain name, forever.
Pages: 1 2 3