MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Songr - Finding Music You Like
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
[Image: logo.png]

What is Songr?
We've all had those days where we've ran through all our songs; getting tired of listening to that one artist over and over on shuffle. Even after digging through iTunes, there's still no music! Well, Songr helps with exactly that. It doesn't matter if you're a stay at home dad, or a soccer mom, or a pirate on trial; everybody can easily submit what they're listening to and share it with the world. Visitors can then bump the song up or down, letting other visitors know whether the song is good or bad.

How do I pronounce Songr?
It's pronounced like longer, so [sawng-ger]. But you can say it however you want, I mean, it's a free country right (well, for most of us)?

How do I submit?
It's quite simple actually. On the homepage, there's a little area filled with fields where you can submit the songs you like. Remember, always capitalize when necessary and keep everything legit (as in the literal meaning).

Where do I get the videos?
It is highly recommended that you get the videos from YouTube.com, specifically the Vevo channel. Look at the sidebar and search for the song, or simply search your song name with vevo as one of the keywords on the YouTube homepage. Most of the time, the username for an official Vevo uploader appears as chrisbrownvevo or beyoncevevo.

Do I have to pay?
Not at all, not one cent comes from your pockets in order to use Songr. Well, unless you count the internet bill..and the price of your computer..and the cost of your glasses..and your time..

What if I find a fake song entry?
By all means, please do contact us. Click the contact link above and select "Fake/Broken Entry". Enter the title and artist into the message box and send. By doing this, you'll helping Songr grow that much more!

What if I have more questions?
Well, there's always the contact button located in the navigation.

Sidenote:
I'm pretty happy because this is the first site I've coded from scratch that fully integrates PHP as well as MySQL.
The rating system was coded by Imad, btw.
This looks really useful! Nice job Smile

Could you add the genres electro house? I have alot of songs I would like to post in the area.
Metal. Is. Needed.
Thanks! Electro house added, Dance also added.
EDIT: Heavy Metal and Rock are both added now as well.
nice idea, however I would suggest adjusting the template. It just seems kinda big. Not big like resolution wise, just like big.
Bug: I've added like 3 songs by Justice and it just keeps overwriting the previous song I added Sad

Whoops nevermind, there all in the song tab Toungue
(2010-03-24, 04:25 PM)Infranight Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks! Electro house added, Dance also added.
EDIT: Heavy Metal and Rock are both added now as well.

Metal isn't always heavy. Doom metal is quite the oppisite.
Haha sorry, I just always have the perception Toungue

@Skyance
Yeah, the front page displays the songs by rating (top 9) whereas the song tab displays songs by how recent they are, therefore allowing all songs to have equal chance to be rated.
Most people sadly do Sad

Suggestion, Descriptions?
As to the genres?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6