MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Send PM with warning if PMs turned off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know if this is a bug or intended behaviour, I'd have thought it's a bug but I'll post here first to be safe, if a dev can confirm it's not intended behaviour I'll make a bug report.

The other day I turned PMs off, but then I didn't have the option to send a PM with a warning. This is odd as I turned off receiving PMs, not sending them, and I can still send PMs the normal was when I've chosen to not receive them.
Seems kind of logical. If you don't want to *receive* PMs, someone you wrote to (or warned) could not reply to that message.
But you still send PMs the normal way, like I said. If you turn off receiving PMs you can still send them normally, just not via the warning system. Have it one way or the other for both.
Maybe a "Use the Private Messaging System?" option, instead of just being able to turn on/off messages?
Personally I'd consider this a bug, it should allow sending of PMs via the warning system whilst still not being able to receive (as per your setting), and make that change for 1.4/6... that new option sounds good, but I think you should still be able to send a PM when warning someone... it's not a 'normal', general PM then, if you see what I mean.