MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Multiple Usergroups and Usergroup Images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We currently use MyBB as an offsite Mod/Admin forum for a few of our sites. We haven't done much with it other then to install it and get up and running. I'm in the process of making it a little more workable and I ran into a snag.

Currently the only members on our site are members of the usergroups, Administrator, Super Mods, and Mods. I created two new Usergroups that I plan to use as secondary groups in an attempt to identify which of our boards they are a staff member of.

My question is, is there a way to add a Group Image to a secondary usergroup and have it display when the user posts? I've currently only been able to make it work if I make the group a primary group.

I would like to keep the groups the way they are for reporting purposes and because we have some members that are staff for both sites.

Sorry, forgot to mention that we are running version 1.00 Preview Release 2. So, I'm not sure if this has been addressed in another release, I tried searching here and on google and didn't find anything.

Any help would be appreciated. And if you need any clarification, just let me know.

Thanks
In 1.00 final, the "display group" feature should be working correctly. This will allow you (in the Admin CP) or your users (in the User CP) to select the group that will be shown on their profile. However, you won't be able to have both the "Moderator" group image and "Forum X" group image show up both at once. That would require another modification.
That's basically what I was wondering. We don't currently have an image set for Moderators, but I was wanting to use one for both of the secondary usergroups I created, and in the event of someone being added to both secondary groups have both images display.

I wasn't sure if it would be able to nest the images by default or via a simple setting...something like the image below.

[Image: staffpremiumcharter.gif]

This was taken from The Admin Zone, and shows 3 different usergroup images nested together.