MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reinstalled PHP 5.3.2 from source, got blank page across the board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, first post here, I hope you guys can help me out.

I have mediawiki running on a site, it required me to upgrade PHP to 5.3.2 due to some bug. Unfortunately yum for Fedora 8 only installs PHP 5.2.6.

So I recompiled PHP from source, installed as a loadable module on Apache 2.2.

Here's the command line for PHP:

./configure --enable-xml --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-gd --prefix=/usr --with-mysql --enable-zip

(I don't think enable-xml is needed, but I tried it anyway.)

After make and make install, mybb is blank, even admin, everything. I tried disabling the gzip, from tip found on mybb documentation - no luck, still all blank. I disabled gzip from the mybb_settings table directly, because /forum/admin/ was blank.

There is no PHP error at all on error_log, access_log shows normal 200 code. (Edit: typo)

MediaWiki works fine. So I ran the mediawiki update.php and forced a downgrade to PHP 5.2.6 and it all works fine again.

I would like to attempt to upgrade to PHP 5.3.2 again, so if any of you can help me find what I missed on that configure line, I'd really appreciate it. php.ini is fine because it works on PHP 5.2.6, same php.ini file... It's something with this new version that I missed out. Can you help me find out what it was please?

Thanks very much in advance.
PHP configuration isn't covered by the support here, there could be any number of things wrong that aren't anything to do with MyBB.

Changing the settings in the database wouldn't do anything, you'd need to edit ./inc/settings.php. What happens you put a phpinfo page in the forum directory??
Hi, I'm not requesting PHP support, I need some information on what MyBB requires FROM PHP. Do the compile settings seem right for myBB?

I only changed the gzip settings on the database, did not change inc/settings.php - could that be it?

Did not try phpinfo() when the error was active. As I've explained I've since rolled back to php 5.2.6 and I am unable to test now because this is a production server and I can't have the forum go blank in order to test again.