MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Should I wait?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm going to be getting a theme designed and I was originally planning on waiting until 1.6 is released to do it. The beta isn't even out yet (I'm not complaining) so I'm thinking that maybe I should just get it done now and fix it appropriately when 1.6 is released. How much editing will be necessary to make themes work for 1.6? Should I just wait?
Not much will be needed. I would say get it because the changes won't be that large of a change theme wise. And, well even if the beta of 1.6 gets released soon we don't know when we'll get the gold version.
(2010-03-26, 12:12 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Not much will be needed. I would say get it because the changes won't be that large of a change theme wise. And, well even if the beta of 1.6 gets released soon we don't know when we'll get the gold version.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I don't think I have the patience to wait anyway.
I think its like 3 changes. Maybe 4.
(2010-03-26, 12:48 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]I think its like 3 changes. Maybe 4.

Cool, I can definitely handle that.
Just perform a diff on the install/resources/mybb_theme.xml

That is, save the current mybb_theme.xml that you got from the SVN somewhere, and when 1.6 is released, compare it with the mybb_theme.xml included there using something like WinMerge.
Some designers including me while offer free theming upgrades for their clients.
I'd release it now so people who stay on 1.4 for a bit can still use it, then have a 1.6 version too.
(2010-03-26, 12:32 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I'd release it now so people who stay on 1.4 for a bit can still use it, then have a 1.6 version too.

Oh, I'm not making one, I'm having one made for my site.
Oh, I misread the first sentence Toungue
Pages: 1 2