MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Your Password for "mybb"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys is there away to edit a small file so that there is a link back to the forum where the members have registered

I have choosen to random password upon registeration to new members

example:

what users get in there email upon registeration

-------------------

Unknown,

Thank you for registering on MYBB. Below is your username and the randomly generated password. To login to MYBB, you will need these details.

Username: Unknown
Password: ffhfhhfdpjk

It is recommended you change your password immediately after you login. You can do this by going to your User CP then clicking Change Password on the left menu.

Thank you,
MYBB Staff

-------------------------

I would like to be able to put a url link back to my forum where they regsitered as it does not have this by default for some reason with MYBB?
I'm sure it is in the language files somewhere. I will take a look later to see if I can find it. The fastest way is to do a search with WinGrep (or grep if you use Linux) on the language folder on your PC and it will show you the file and the line to edit. Wink
The email link back is available for email activation, but you cannot use a link in email for normal login without making core file changes or using a plugin. Because the login action in the member.php file is using the POST method and not the GET method.
why can't this be a default thing in mybb ?

so has anyone ever got it to work or am I going to pull all my hair out? Smile
That text starts on line 131 of ./inc/languages/english/messages.lang.php, somewhere in there add this:

Click here to login: {5}/member.php?action=login

Then, line 278 of ./member.php:

$emailmessage = $lang->sprintf($lang->email_randompassword, $user['username'], $mybb->settings['bbname'], $user_info['username'], $user_info['password']);

change to:

$emailmessage = $lang->sprintf($lang->email_randompassword, $user['username'], $mybb->settings['bbname'], $user_info['username'], $user_info['password'], $mybb->settings['bburl']);