MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there Smile

I'm working on a new theme and I use a plugin for leaving comments on the member page. Problem is, that the templates for the plugin is placed under the "Global Templates", but I'd like to change that to each theme having it's own look. (I changed the thead and tcat a lot, and if I change it to one look right on one theme, it looks odd on the others).

How do I do this?

Thanks in advance! Big Grin
Just make a new template, with the same name, in the appropriate template set. It'll "override" the global template.
That'll work? Great! Thanks Big Grin
Could you give me an example of this? I can't seem to get it to work!

It's a Profile Comment system I need to style. It's called "profile_comments" (the template).

Where would I make my own template? Just add a template called "profile_comments" ?
Could you give me an example of this? I can't seem to get it to work!

It's a Profile Comment system I need to style. It's called "profile_comments" (the template).

Where would I make my own template? Just add a template called "profile_comments" ?
Yes, make a template with that name in the appropriate template set that your theme is using.
or you could simply move all the templates.
Odd how I can't get this to work..

Should I delete the original templates from Global Templates? When I open the templates of my theme, and click "Add Template" then copy paste it all into it, it adds the template with a different color than the rest (on the list). That's correct right?
(2010-04-01, 08:11 AM)Mercery Wrote: [ -> ]Should I delete the original templates from Global Templates?
No.
(2010-04-01, 08:11 AM)Mercery Wrote: [ -> ]then copy paste it all into it, it adds the template with a different color than the rest (on the list). That's correct right?
Yes.

Say the plugin adds a template named "custom_template" in the global template set.
You are using a theme named "custom_theme" and the attached template set is "custom_theme Templates".
You go to the templates section of the AdminCP, click on "custom_theme Templates", then click Add Template. Name this new template "custom_template", ensure that the template set is "custom_theme Templates" and paste your code in the box, and click Save. Your new template will be displayed with a blue title/link (assuming default AdminCP theme).
This will override the template added by the plugin, but only for themes attached to this template set ("custom_theme").