MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Resolved] Merge Freezes on Post Convert from both phpBB 2 and phpBB3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there,

I'm helping somebody convert their forums. I have done this before with another forum. The original was on IPB 1.3. That was converted to phpBB 2 and from here on I've had problems.

Using the merge system on phpBB 2 it kept freezing on the post convert at different points. I refresh the page after waiting 2 hours and it goes blank white. I decided to try on phpBB 3 so I upgraded. I recieve the identical issue. There are nearly 9 thousand posts so I tried running it in different ways, doing 50 posts at a time, not automatically refreshing etc.

What's going wrong?
Look at the post it's freezing on in the database and post it here.
It freezes at different posts. Once it was in the 5000s and another time it was in the 7000s. I just noticed the following error, it only flashes for about half a second:

[Image: 2dh7dcw.png]

I imagine it's supposed to sleep when the connection fails and the sleep feature isn't working?

Frozen at this post AGAIN: Inserting post #5936
sleep() disabled for security reasons?? First time I have ever seen that function disabled for security. If they won't enable it you'd probably have to just remove every instance of it.
Which files do I need to remove it in?
All the files in the ./convert/ folder, wherever the sleep() function is called.

Can you ask your host why they've disabled it?? Sounds like a very unusual thing to do.
You could try to merge on localhost or a freehost with that enabled.
First time I've seen that disabled as well. Contact your host and ask them to enable it. I wonder if this is what the other people having this issue awhile back were encountering.
All sleep() does is stop a script executing for the number of seconds you specify, what security vulnerability could arise from that?? Disabling phpinfo() is one thing but this just seems like a mad host to me.
It's byethost. I'll do it offline but last time I tried offline converts everything mucked up.
Pages: 1 2