MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: First time install - WOW - not so fun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. I have done so many other installs for aps and this is not so fun..

2. First it started with not tell me that the upload folder you just needed to install and change that name to your forums dir

3. I installed it and the fun begins...

4. It asked me for cookies setting - I have no clue

5. tried to getin to the admin - it woudn't let me in -foudn out that my cookies wern't set right

6. now trying to add a new users - but after the adding new users I click the GO BUTTON and i go to this page - http://forums/member.php

But durring the creations of the user - it using this domain http://www.moo.com//forums/member.php

I'm so lost didn't have this much problem with phpbb - I like your product that i use on my fish forums and wanted to try this out.. But very fusterating install..

Where do I START now.. any help will do
Ok the fun still goes on

I have regestered a new users - activated the account

then i click on MY FORUM -

and get this it goes to www.moo.com/forums/forum-2.html

Oops! This link appears to be broken.
2. Yes, you either upload the Upload folder and rename it, or upload the contents of it to a folder on your server, then go to yoursite.com/install/ and install it.

4. The settings it gives you on the install screen will be correct, that's why they're preset.

5. Chances are you changed the settings then.

6. Looks like you changed the Board URL setting too.

Rename your htaccess.txt file to .htaccess and those URLs will work fine if your host supports mod_rewrite.

Install again and leave the cookie settings and Board URL settings as they are.
let me try the .htaccess file didn't know that existed

so use to them in joomla
You need to change some settings in ACP >> Configuration >> General Configuration

Cookie setting should be .moo.com and remove the trailing slash from your Board URL.
here is my site you can try - i'm lost again Sad

http://www.luvucap.com/forums/
(2010-03-28, 08:57 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]You need to change some settings in ACP >> Configuration >> General Configuration

Cookie setting should be .moo.com and remove the trailing slash from your Board URL.

where do i find these.. - new to mybb
Cookie Domain
.luvucap.com

Cookie Path
/forums/

Are these right
Your Board URL and cookie settings are OK now, I assume you installed again.

Go to ACP > Server and Optimization Settings > set the Search Engine Friendly URLs to disabled, if renaming htacces.txt to .htaccess didn't work.
Looking at your forum that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Have you renamed the htaccess.txt yet? Smile
well i have re-named my htaccess to .htaccess

But I have tried that - also i turned off Enable search engine friendly URLs? and now my site works.

But it won't with the SEF on... any idea's
Check if your host supports mod_rewrite, if they don't, it won't work.