MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upcoming Forum (Need Opinions)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi. I need people's opinion on my upcoming forum.

<snip>

Don't worry, I will get a new domain soon.
Why did you buy a dot-info if you aren't going to keep it? Just get a dot-com and do it right the first time. Forums aren't "info" and shouldn't have that TLD.

I like what you've done with Afresh, though.
(2010-03-29, 06:40 AM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Why did you buy a dot-info if you aren't going to keep it? Just get a dot-com and do it right the first time. Forums aren't "info" and shouldn't have that TLD.

I like what you've done with Afresh, though.

dot-com domain is very expensive plus I can easily get dot-info domain just by posting.
Very expensive? The hosting company i am on cheapest they do is £2.99 ($3.50) a month hosting with a free .com/co.uk/net/org domain. Or you can get a .com for like $7/8 thats not expensive, if you arent going to put anything into the site then why bother at all, honestly.

Haven't done anything special with the afresh theme, looks the same as mine! (http://www.immortaltechnique.co.uk)
(2010-03-29, 10:47 AM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]Very expensive? The hosting company i am on cheapest they do is £2.99 ($3.50) a month hosting with a free .com/co.uk/net/org domain. Or you can get a .com for like $7/8 thats not expensive, if you arent going to put anything into the site then why bother at all, honestly.

Haven't done anything special with the afresh theme, looks the same as mine! (http://www.immortaltechnique.co.uk)

I will get a .com domain. Don't worry. But it may take a while though.
Why may it take a while its $8, if you can't afford to support a website, why make one at all?
(2010-03-29, 11:02 AM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]Why may it take a while its $8, if you can't afford to support a website, why make one at all?

The reason it will take forever because I don't know how to earn online money.
There is a real world aswell...
I don't see why $8.00 is so expensive. I usually spend $6-8 on lunch each day, if I'm not eating at home.

Like I said above, if you can't invest pocket change into your project, you aren't going to get anywhere with it. Do it right the first time! Nobody likes "New theme soon! Domain soon! It'll suck less soon!" Just do it bloody now! I'll bet you're using 000webhost, too. Dodgy
(2010-03-29, 11:05 AM)Dr Juana Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-29, 11:02 AM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]Why may it take a while its $8, if you can't afford to support a website, why make one at all?

The reason it will take forever because I don't know how to earn online money.

Im sorry but i lol at this, like Aaron said there is a real world as well with real jobs and when you earn real money you put on your real bank account to get it on paypal, problem solved! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2