MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookie domain question ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In "settings.php" ive changed the cookie domain to .mysite.com , but ive noticed on my board that the cookie domain is set as .www.mysite.com

Its this ok? Also the file path on the board is "/"
It'll say the old setting in the ACP as that will show what's in the database, the forum actually uses what's in the file. If you edit the file you have to make the change again in the ACP.
Oh wait , i just checked the settings.php file again , the cookie domain is .www.mysite.com and path "/"

So both board and file is the same now, is this ok as it is? Will some users have problems logging or will it work ok ?
Depends, generally you shouldn't have .www in there but whenever you change the settings some people may have trouble logging in because their browser has stored the old cookies; they'd just need to clear their browser cookies and try again.
Well , its been like that since the first member joined , so i reckon leave it be , you agree?
If it ain't broke don't fix it Smile Sometimes people will be able to login with it like that, sometimes they won't, but if it's working as it is then probably best not to change it.