MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Delete posts by users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can i turn off the possibility for users to delete their own posts?
I can ofcourse remove the button in the post_bit template, but doing it in the admin CP setting somewhere would be nice.. can that be done?
This is quite easy, just go in your AdminCP to :

Users & Groups -> Groups (select the group you want to control the post deletion)

Then in "Forums and Posts -> Can delete own posts?" just untick it...

Wink
Wow that is easy indeed. Knew it had to be in there, thanks a lot!

After changing this though the delete option is still there for the "registered" group..but this might be due to the cache that needs to be cleared ?
actually i also want to turn off the warning/reporting system, any suggestion for that would be appreciated too Smile
The forum cache (i.e. the cache of the usergroup settings) would be cleared when you change the settings, could be possible that your browser is still caching the button though. See if Ctrl + F5 clears it.
hmm really weird, "Can delete own posts?", "Can delete own threads?" are both ticked off and still i see the "delete post icon". Dit a browser restart, tried another browser (to be sure cache was cleared), tried it with a new user.. still the same. I am sure the users belong to the group registered users so should be all good..

Am i overlooking something?
You should check the usergroups again... Look carefuly this time. Big Grin
hmm what do you mean?
Is the user in any additional usergroups?? A yes overrides a no so if they're in another group that can delete, even if they're in another group that can't, they'll still be able to.
that interesting by the way, but unfortunately i've got only 2 registered users and 1 admin (still setting things up), but in the groupoverview (admin/index.php?module=user/groups) it also says #users 2 registered and 1 admin and for the rest 0..