MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Addon Domains and MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

I have encountered a small problem. I have used MyBB on all of my forums and have no problem installing and setting them up but in this occasion it is different. When installing I sometimes get tripped up by the cookies but it is soon resolved thanks to the great informative sticky.

This time though I cannot get it set up correctly. I can access the admin panel and access the main general tabs of the admin panel but if I go anything deeper such as General Configuration in the configuration tab I get redirected back to the index of my forum while the url shows general configuration page url (there is no new post image).

I have played about with the cookies and I am 150% positive that I have the correct cookie settings according to the information inside the sticky and I can log in and out with no problem but I use an addon domain meaning that the domain I am installing the forum is not the primary domain for the hosting account.

So the files are located in: public_html/addon-domain/forum/

If I use a subdomain ie forum.addondomain.com then I get the problem described above where as if I just use the normal domain i.e. addondomain.com/forum/ I can access the pages that I cannot with the sub-domain but I cannot save any settings.

So does the addon-domain effect your MyBB forum or is there any other solution to this problem

Thanks for your help,

All the best,
Glen
Try just .successfulforum.com as the cookie domain in ./inc/settings.php, and make sure you clear your browser cookies after changing it to make sure your browser updates, then make the change again in the ACP. Being redirected to the actual forum is a bit odd though, does that happen in all browsers??
(2010-03-29, 05:31 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Try just .successfulforum.com as the cookie domain in ./inc/settings.php, and make sure you clear your browser cookies after changing it to make sure your browser updates, then make the change again in the ACP. Being redirected to the actual forum is a bit odd though, does that happen in all browsers??

Changed but no luck. I have tried IE8, FireFox, and AOL 9.1 and all have gave me the same result of being showed the forum index.
That's very odd... can you PM me admin login details??
Hmm... when you installed the other forums was it on the same host?? I remember a thread on something like this and I'll try and dig it up, but I'd be a bit stumped if you've installed successfully on the same host before.
Yeah, I have successfully installed on HostGator before. My other forum on HostGator is on a separate account and not related to the account I am having problems with.

The only difference between the two is that for my other forum my files are located in public_html/forum/ and in this forum they are located in public_html/addon-domain/forum/
It may be an issue with how they've set it up. HostGator often causes other issues in the ACP due to mod_security, the addon domain file structure coupled with the mod_security might cause this. Could you ask them to see if they can disable mod_security if it isn't already and see if they have any idea why it might be happening??
I had a chat with HostGator and they whitelisted my domain. Everything seems to be working perfectly now. Thanks for your help Matt.