MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help with my forum (as soon as posibble)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hallo,

I have my forum on phpbb basic and now I have created a subforum that is on mybb basic. Now I have convert my phpbb forum to yourbb but its all on the subforum.

Now I want to delete my phpbb forum and run only the mybb forum BUT NOT WITH THE SUB-URL but on the normal url.

So I deleted all things from phpbb in the map public_html and put all the files and maps from mybb in this folder, but now the forum is not displaying

So how do I delete the phpbb forum en set the subforum als main forum without the sub-url

So I mean my url is:

www.yourttworld.nl

and here you see the phpbb forum

and the subforum is:

www.yourttworld.nl/here_the_name_of subforum

and here you see the mybb forum

and now I want to delete phpbb forum so the forum from mybb can set on the www.yourttworld.nl url

I hop that everyone knows wat I mean (and I have not set the real name of the subforum because I don'want to have everyone had the subforum url)

thanks for helping me!!!!!!!!!!!

and
Um, move the files to public_html change your cookies.

Should work I think.
(2010-03-29, 10:00 PM)wethegreenpeople Wrote: [ -> ]Um, move the files to public_html change your cookies.

Should work I think.

Thanks Big Grin

I think I know the problem, I deleted all out the public_html map but some things I could not delete (cache files etc) but now I have deleted EVERYTHING and the hole public_html folder is emty.

So now I upload all the files and maps from mybb and then I hope everything works wel!!!

I come back here with the answer of its works or not

Thanks for your reply Big GrinBig Grin
Nope the forum wil not work AngryAngry
Wat do I wrong ??
Move your PHPBB forum to another directory and update any board URL and cookie settings (I'm not so familiar with PHPBB).

Also take a look at this if your trying to merge http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Runni...rge_System
(2010-03-30, 11:26 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Move your PHPBB forum to another directory and update any board URL and cookie settings (I'm not so familiar with PHPBB).

Also take a look at this if your trying to merge http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Runni...rge_System

Thanks for your help but thats not the problem I have convert my forum to mybb but the forum is in a submap so I want to have the forum not running in the submap but as main forum can I make the submap the root map or annything else.

greatings
(2010-03-30, 11:42 AM)Fallout Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-30, 11:26 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Move your PHPBB forum to another directory and update any board URL and cookie settings (I'm not so familiar with PHPBB).

Thanks for your help but thats not the problem I have convert my forum to mybb but the forum is in a submap so I want to have the forum not running in the submap but as main forum can I make the submap the root map or annything else.

greatings

Problem solved!!!!! everything works well now Big GrinBig Grin