MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ConsoleAddicted.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hey Toungue

I've changed Console World to Console Addicted.
I've re-made all images and edited a lot of things.

What do you think of it? The forums and the home page.
I've been working on it for 2 days now.

Links:
Home - http://www.consoleaddicted.com
Forums - http://forums.consoleaddicted.com

---------

Update (26-May-2010)
Changes to home page. What do you think of them?

---------

Update (25-Jul-2010)
Finalized both the home page and the forums.
I was about to ask "why?", but read the announcement thread Toungue

I think the logo's color doesn't really fit with the cheery blue of the background, maybe you could apply the colors used on the white-gray circle in the middle of the banner to "Console Addicted" on the left? And some variation of that for "This is your home".

A nice touch to keep everything more consistent could be to add rounded corners to the postbit author info (where the username and avatars appear).

Other than that, it's looking pretty good Smile Congrats!
(2010-03-30, 12:20 AM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]I was about to ask "why?", but read the announcement thread Toungue

I think the logo's color doesn't really fit with the cheery blue of the background, maybe you could apply the colors used on the white-gray circle in the middle of the banner to "Console Addicted" on the left? And some variation of that for "This is your home".

So you think I should change the colour of the site name to "white-gray" ?
And what do you mean by "some variation" ?
Is is just the text that doesn't fit or is there anything else?

(2010-03-30, 12:20 AM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]A nice touch to keep everything more consistent could be to add rounded corners to the postbit author info (where the username and avatars appear).

Care to elaborate please?

(2010-03-30, 12:20 AM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]Other than that, it's looking pretty good Smile Congrats!
Thank you Smile
Looks nice, you selling the console world domain though?
(2010-03-30, 12:32 AM)Mark.M Wrote: [ -> ]Looks nice, you selling the console world domain though?

Nope, I'll keep it for now to let search engines add permanent redirects to their databases. But I think I'll keep it for a long time
I think the theads need about 7px padding and about 5px border radius, personally. Other than that it looks nice.
(2010-03-30, 12:24 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]So you think I should change the colour of the site name to "white-gray" ?

What I meant is that the site name current color doesn't fit very much. Looks too dark. Ignore the rest of what I said xD it was just a suggestion of which colors you could consider.

(2010-03-30, 12:24 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-30, 12:20 AM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]A nice touch to keep everything more consistent could be to add rounded corners to the postbit author info (where the username and avatars appear).

I think you should either get rid of rounded corners on the buttons, or apply rounded corners on more elements. I mean, only the buttons have big rounded corners, so that looks kind of out of place. But if you seriously like the rounded corners on the button, it'd be a good idea to add rounded corners to more stuff (ie. Scoutie's suggestion).

And I was refering to this part: [attachment=17763] IMO, if you decide to stay w/o rounded corners, just make the border slightly lighter.
As many sites these days, and on your website need some color. Blue is too monotonous. Add another one with the blue.
(2010-03-30, 01:19 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the theads need about 7px padding and about 5px border radius, personally. Other than that it looks nice.

I've just set padding to 6px though, 7px is too much imo but changed the radius from 10 to 5.
Thanks Smile

(2010-03-30, 02:08 AM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-03-30, 12:24 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]So you think I should change the colour of the site name to "white-gray" ?

What I meant is that the site name current color doesn't fit very much. Looks too dark. Ignore the rest of what I said xD it was just a suggestion of which colors you could consider.

(2010-03-30, 12:24 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]

I think you should either get rid of rounded corners on the buttons, or apply rounded corners on more elements. I mean, only the buttons have big rounded corners, so that looks kind of out of place. But if you seriously like the rounded corners on the button, it'd be a good idea to add rounded corners to more stuff (ie. Scoutie's suggestion).

And I was refering to this part: IMO, if you decide to stay w/o rounded corners, just make the border slightly lighter.

Ok I'll do some tests with different colours in the title.
As for the postbit, I forgot about safari Toungue it's fixed now.
I've also added rounded corners to the li's in the user details part, not sure if it's there's much rounded corners now

(2010-03-30, 10:06 AM)JovanJ. Wrote: [ -> ]As many sites these days, and on your website need some color. Blue is too monotonous. Add another one with the blue.

Thank you for the suggestion but I'm not going to use yellow + black + green just to make it different.
People won't go to my website because the design is different but because I offer content no one does (which does not happen anymore since I am no longer developing an application for the PSP (which was famous a few years back)) but I'm currently focusing on improving user experience on my website since I have some established users already. Then I'll focus on unique content again
Ohh it all makes sense now, just saw it with Firefox Toungue It seems that you didn't add a -webkit- radius to almost anything. The rounded corners looks good, I just think they are a bit too big on WP theme.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7