MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Welcome Panel Plugin from K776 problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had this plugin installed maybe a week ago and successfully run for a a day or so (just to test it), than I deactivated it for time being. Meanwhile, I added several other plugins (can't you tell I love playing?). Today I decided to activate K776 plugin again, and it got activated. However it is now not being displayed at all. I checked Admin panel for Board Setting>Welcome Panel and all 5 settings are turned on.

Any idea what might went wrong? Could presence of another plugin interfere with this one?

Thanks in advance

EB
Yes it's possible. I think the template changes may not have been made successfully. Do you have any other plugins that are in the header section?
DennisTT Wrote:Do you have any other plugins that are in the header section?

God! Pardon my ignorance but I don't exactly know what can alter header section. I have installed such plugins as: Hello World - deactivated, and Board Message by Musicalmidget - active.

Does it help?

Thank you

EB
Try deactivating Board Message, and activating Welcome Panel and see if it works.
DennisTT Wrote:Try deactivating Board Message, and activating Welcome Panel and see if it works.

Just performed the activity you have suggested to no avail.Rolleyes Any other idea you might have?

EB
I looked at the code and there doesn't seem to be any conflicts between the two. You should turn the welcome panel on first and make sure it's not working, then do the below.

Go to "Search/Edit" templates and expand the default templates. Find the template called "index" and edit it. Look for the text "$header" and put "$welcomepanel" on a new line below it.
decswxaqz Wrote:Go to "Search/Edit" templates and expand the default templates. Find the template called "index" and edit it. Look for the text "$header" and put "$welcomepanel" on a new line below it.

Thank you. That did the trick!
[Image: claps.png]

EB