MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HOW TO:make Default(trash section)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please Somebudy HELP me With This...

what i want:
When A USER DELETE A post or hist TOPIC Or When A Super Moderator Delete Topics or Post I DON'T Want To LOSE DELETED TOPICS/POSTS
I Want them (Posts/Topics) To TRASH AREA (A section On Forum Created by ADMIN)

So When I press "DELETE" Button I Want Deleted TOPIC/POST To Go AT TRASH Section.

Also Topics and POSTS From TRAHS I Want To be UNDELETABLE !!

Please somebudy Who KNOW to Work With MyBB Help meeee !!
thank You verry Much IN ADVENCE !Rolleyes
Help Me GUYS !! !
It's not possible without a modification/plugin.
So Nobuddy can Help me ?> (With a Modification)
Please I really need something like this...
Does your forum work without this plugin?

If it does, you don't NEED it.

However, if you don't want users deleting posts, you can disable it from the user group settings...
hey guys i need this too..

if someone can give me some basic instructions on what to change i think i can work on that, but i need some guidelines to start...

it's not the same to disable deleting posts ... i just want them to be moved to another area - like a trash can
what about just MOVING the posts to a trash section?
You can keep record of all moderator actions in the ACP, so if a moderator deletes something instead of moving to trash, you can kick his but
well, that's not the same, because if a user deletes his own post, or if a mod/admin deletes his own post then the action is not recorded in the logs...

i don't think this modification will be so difficult, it would be a little bit like copying the code for the "move" action and replacing the code for the "delete" action but using a specific target forum for the "move" action ...

i don't know. maybe this is not the best way to do it ... but it's a first idea that i have ...
Actually, it can be done. But I won't be doing this. I'm already working on 7 plugins at this time.
ok, i told you that i can do it since i know php, but this would be my first mod so i would need a little help on which files to change !
Pages: 1 2