MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Server Load Issue (again)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I know this issue has been discussed many times.
So basically my site got suspended yesterday. This is the message from them:

Quote:System administration was forced to suspend your site in an emergency to prevent server and system overloads. It is not clear at this time what part of your site is causing the overload, but when your account is suspended, the machine stabilizes immediately.

I tried to change some settings and disable shoutbox plugin after that, and they said: even though my usage has dropped considerably from what it was at its highest peak, it is still at the upper limits of what is available on a shared hosting platform.

So, I tried to ask them again which file exactly caused the problem, and this is their reply:

Quote:If I'm logged in during a period of time when your site is loading I can see what processes are using the most resources. I tried reloading your site a couple times while I was keeping an eye on it - I'm not sure what CMS you are using, however it's obviously rendering the php and reading from a db (most likely) in real time - you should see if you can find a caching plugin for your CMS. A Caching plugin will render the main page in HTML, causing it to load faster and use less resources.

I am confused now. What I should do? I am not a web programmer. Is there any caching plugin for MyBB?

Btw, below is my forum details:

Generated in 0.0675719 seconds (74.40% PHP / 25.60% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 18 / Global Parsing Time: 0.0380180 / Memory Usage: 6.75 MB PHP version: 5.2.9 / Server Load: 7.04 / GZip Compression: Disabled.

Our members have made a total of 4,996 posts in 314 threads.
We currently have 787 members registered.

Do you think anything's wrong with my site? Sometimes the server load can shoot up till 24.xx
Oh btw, these are plugins that I use:

Ad Randomizer system
Donation Page
Image Resizer & Optimizer with GD
Login Password Conversion
Message Band
My Gallery
MyTwitterBB (Disabled)
Profile Buddies
Facebook profile link on Postbit
Colorful Announcements
Return to top postbit button
SpiceFuse Shoutbox (Disabled)
Youtube BBCode
Good:
Generated in 0.0675719 seconds
Global Parsing Time: 0.0380180

Bad:
Server Load: 7.04

This just looks like yet another host that is overcrowded and oversold but blames the software for any issues. There is absolutely no reason for the server load to hit 7, 24 is ridiculous, multi million post forums run fine and there are forums bigger than yours on shared hosting that run fine.
I have MyBBCentral.com, Supportforums.net, and about 20 other sites on a single shared hosting account just fine.

Is your host a major provider or one of these upstart resellers?
My site is hosted at InmotionHosting
(2010-03-31, 05:45 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I have MyBBCentral.com, Supportforums.net, and about 20 other sites on a single shared hosting account just fine.

Hi labrocca,
Mind to share which hosting do you use?
Yes, overselling.

Value Plans | Starter | Basic | Max
Disk Space (MB) | 100,000 | 150,000 | 200,000
Monthly Transfer Included (GB) | 1,000 | 1,500 | 2,000
Price | $3 | $4 | $5

You can get 200 gigabytes and 2 terabytes of bandwidth for $5 a month??

Yeah, that's overselling. Find a host that's even slightly more realistic.
(2010-03-31, 05:58 PM)gnuhong Wrote: [ -> ]My site is hosted at InmotionHosting
(2010-03-31, 05:45 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]I have MyBBCentral.com, Supportforums.net, and about 20 other sites on a single shared hosting account just fine.

I believe it's Dreamhost.

Hi labrocca,
Mind to share which hosting do you use?

I believe it's Dreamhost.
Yes I use Dreamhost with complete satisfaction. I have accounts elsewhere too but so far DH has been the best by far. I get SSH access, easy to use custom tools, and solid uptime.
Hi, Looking at my forum stats below

Our members have made a total of 5,056 posts in 315 threads.
We currently have 788 members registered.

Let's say it goes up 3 times of that, this $8.95/mo package should be enough & capable to handle that, right? Dont think I need the VPS kind of thing, do I? My forum is basically graphics forum. People post images, something like that

The specs (package), such as Php & MySQL version that they have there should be able to run latest MyBB, right?

Really considering to switch now.

On moving to the new server, as I read here, basically I need to do a backup and import them to the new host. Now the question is: Do I need to install MyBB too on the new host? Or using the all backup files is enough?
bad server Smile
(2010-04-01, 02:33 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]bad server Smile

not recommended? any suggestion, bro?
Pages: 1 2