MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Help] Expand/Collapse buttons unclickable.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forum URL: Private (Can be given via PM)
New installation? Yes.
Test User: Not required.
Problem description:
The expand/collapse buttons ([+]/[-]) to the extreme right of every category/forum section are unclickable. Is it a bug, or could it be a theme malfunction (I deleted MyBB's original theme and using a cusom one instead)?

Thank you so much for your time.
Will be hard to know without a URL, you can PM it to me if you want. You can test it in the default theme by going to ACP > Templates & Style > Create New Theme.
Does any other javascript work, like the quick reply?? I get a javascript error in the chrome debugger:

1Uncaught TypeError: Object #<an Object> has no method 'dispatchEvent' prototype.js:

This may be to do with jQuery and prototype interfering, can you add this to the bottom of your headerinclude template, it's in the Ungrouped Templates:

<script ="text/javascript">
jQuery.noConflict();
</script>
There are no visible Quick Quote buttons and the quick reply button does not function, etc... Confused
I'll try adding this code and see what happens.

Works like a charm, thank you! Big Grin
Cool. Basically what happened is prototype and jQuery are two different javascript libraries and they both use $, and they can't both use it as the code won't know which library it's using, if that makes sense. Adding that tells it to work slightly differently so there's no conflicts.