MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email Issues - Mass mail not sending
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm having an issue with one board I manage. The mass mail function does not work properly. Some of the mass mails going out do not reach the end user where some do.

I have tested this with my account and others on the board. I KNOW my settings are correct and my personal settings are to accept mass mail from admin.

Thread subscriptions are working properly. Email notifications are sent promptly and efficiently.
PM notifications are working properly. Email notifications are sent promptly and efficiently.

I have sent several mass mails from the board and only a couple people got them. I have not. I checked the email logs and they ALL say they were sent successfully.

Any clues?
I tried to help with this as well, and my user got SOME of the Mass Emails, but not others. It doesn't make sense. It isn't a consistent failure. And since thread subscriptions and PM notices work perfectly, it can't be the PHP mail() function failing us, can it?
(2010-04-01, 06:54 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]... Any clues?
Do the people that didn't receive the mass email have an AOL, Yahoo or similar type free email account? Wink
No that's the first thing I thought of.

I'm using Verizon and Ralgith is using Gmail. The rest are all in the UK and using various UK ISP's.

Like I said, I'm getting notifications for subscribed threads and pm notifications but not the mass mails. Some get them some don't and all get the notifications by email like I do.
If all the others work it's probably just your host blocking sending loads at once. How many did you set it to send each time??
We've tried this all different ways.

I've tried just sending to myself, admins only other groups only. Some come through and some don't like I said. So, I'd say as little as 1 and as many as 500 (the whole membership). I did a pretty thorough variation with the same results.

I got a couple then it stopped. Got one more, then it stopped.

I am using the same hosting company for all my sites and my ISP is not blocking them for me so I can't see why it would be for them.

If an ISP is blocking / blacklisting the hosting company, wouldn't it block ALL email coming from the board too? Wouldn't subscription and PM notifications be blocked?