MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need a good cheap MyBB host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have Google'd but Google is failing at turning up good results. Does anyone have one that is good that I can use? I need it to have intermediate protection from DDOS, UPD flooding, etc.

Thanks!!
Thank you guys a lot!
Wait, Hostgator has DDOS protection?
I asked them before, and they said no...
(2010-04-02, 01:58 AM)lan7 Wrote: [ -> ]Wait, Hostgator has DDOS protection?
I asked them before, and they said no...

There is no real way to "protect" from a DDOS attack. When the attack happens you adjust the firewall. If you are that worried, pay a little extra and go with liquidweb.com They are a DC so they would have the best support.
(2010-04-02, 02:33 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]There is no real way to "protect" from a DDOS attack. When the attack happens you adjust the firewall. If you are that worried, pay a little extra and go with liquidweb.com They are a DC so they would have the best support.

I understand that, however I was told something along the lines "There's nothing we can do to help you against DDOS attacks, you'll have to write some scripts to block them yourself."

The difference is ForumForge is willing to make that firewall adjustment, whereas HostGator pretty much told me they weren't willing to do squat.
Dreamhost is Heart

I hear The Forum Forge is awesomesauce also, but I haven't used them.
Byethost gives you 25 gb bandwidth and 6gb disk space for free which isn't bad.
Pages: 1 2