MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYBB in my language
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys i am Daniel and i am new to this forum.
I wanted to make a forum for the first time in my life
and i heard that Mybb is one of the best if not the best platform online.
My problem is that i want to make the forum in Hebrew, since i am from Israel.
I looked for an Hebrew version all the morning and i cant find any.
Can you please help me and tell me how can i setup an Hebrew forum that
will look great and have all the benefits that i need, such as hiding the content
from unregistered users and also having something like a hidden VIP section
that only paid members can view.
Please help me out guys, thank you.
Forum language - language pack? http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=19070 ?

Regarding "will look great" - Aside from being relative, this is just a theme issue. I don't personally know many themes with hebrew button translations off the top of my head, but I'm sure it can be done.

Regarding hiding content - Depends on what "content." Forums/areas can be hidden via the ACP settings. Hiding links and such within posts would require a plugin.

Regarding VIP section - This would require making the section visible only to members of a VIP group. Then, you could either manually put members in this group once they paid, or you could pay for a plugin to automatically move members there. In the case of the latter option, I could probably point you to one available already.
Thank you for your quick response and the link to the Hebrew pack.
But i need your help again, i downloaded the pack but now i am checking
the sites of the members that posted links of their Israeli forum and i see that
all of them are not live anymore, i get "server not found"
Whats does it mean? i mean is there any chance that the Hebrew version is not working anymore?
Given the lack of link to your forum, I cannot check this for myself...

Are the links broken (not live/"server not found") while using the default language pack, or only while using the Hebrew one? If it's just the case with the Hebrew pack, you would probably need to ask someone who understands the pack better. Looking closer at it (I just did a quick search the first time) it is VERY possible that it does not work right anymore. It hasn't been updated in years (sorry for not checking that initially).
Yes you are right, i checked the post where members presented their forums in the Hebrew version
and they are all made like 3-4 years ago, and none of them is live at the moment so the pack is
probably not working anymore.
So what can i do?? how can i make my own Hebrew forum without paying like $200 to Vbulletin lol.
It's still simply a language pack, however I do not know enough to offer to make it for you. Basically someone (be it you or another) would have to translate everything into Hebrew. I could probably make a blank version of the files needed (so that you'd just have to put the translations in via the ACP), but I don't know Hebrew so I can't actually translate it for you.
So you mean that i can translate it by myself??
Last question, is there a plugin for MYBB that will handle all your paid members status?
I mean, it will auto bill them every month for the amount that i set, and auto block them from
entering to the paid section if they cancel or not renew their subscription??
I want to know if there is such an addon or pugin for the English version and if i can translate
it to Hebrew??
Yes, you can translate it yourself.
Admin CP -> Configuration -> Languages
Under options, there's Language Pack Properties which will allow you to change the friendly name (the name in the dropdown menu), html tag, etc. Edit language variables will list all the files and then you can "edit" each one and change what any (or all) of them say.

As for the subscription plugin: There is at least one, but everything like that I have ever seen for MyBB requires a paid subscription to another site.

As for translating - you should be able to. The one listed below has language variables that can be edited.

paid plugin for subscriptions:
http://www.mybbcentral.com/thread-1613.html
Thanks a lot man you are great!
I hope i will manage to create a good forum.
Thanks again!