MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Stats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,

I transferred forums for somebody and the stats got recounted. They used to have over 100,000 posts and things but invisionfree pruned the old posts. We don't need to recover the posts but the stats at the bottom need to be restored. We are happy to do this manually in the database and this is what I did:

phpMyAdmin > mybb_stats edit > change post and thread values

Unfortunately that doesn't work. When another post is made it resets and it doesn't change the values outputted on the website. The forums were merged with others and in the stats there appear to be 2 fields.

dateline-numusers-numthreads-numposts
1270162800-1-0-71
1270180800-232-47320-114783

What can I do to get this working?

Thanks very much,
Clarkie
ACP --> Tools & Maintenance --> Recount and Rebuild --> Run the recounts through that.
That resets it.
If your posts and threads do exist then it should count the numbers based on those.
What does it reset the counters to?
The amount that is actually on the forum at the moment. We lost thousands of posts and simply need it to show they were posted in the 8 years since the board was started.
Ah ok I get you now. I'm not sure whether you're going to be able to do this (possibly with a plugin) as it would reset every time you post (like you said).

The only plausible way to do it would be to recreate those posts (or some dummy ones) to bump up the numbers.
Yeah you'll need to hack the code to make it add on a certain amount whenever it's run.
Which files would I need to change?