MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestion for a Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lets say a user got banned on his 1st account, so he makes another, now it should check for IPs/Cookies to see if that IP has an account, if it does when the user registers it says "Awaiting ADMIN Activation! You will be emailed again when the ADMIN has confirmed your account." message to his email and it will never get registered Smile
You realize users can slip back in simply just by changing their IP or use a Proxy right?

You might as well set all account registrations to Administrator Approval.
(2010-04-07, 09:04 PM)lan7 Wrote: [ -> ]You realize users can slip back in simply just by changing their IP or use a Proxy right?

You might as well set all account registrations to Administrator Approval.

Yes BUT I have learned from another forum, if you tell the user his username was banned, he will register again. Now since the 1st time he got an email, he will be expecting an email this time, but he will never get one and eventually give up.

It won't fool all but it will fool most.
Change the error message in the language files.
You can already do this, go ACP > Configuration > User Registration and Profile Options and edit the "Time Between Registrations" and "Maximum Registrations Per IP Address" settings. This won't put them in the admin activation group but really this kind of thing isn't going to stop anyone with an ounce of determination. Your probably better off not allowing duplicate registrations using the MyBB settings then installing Labrocca's Proxy killer plugin.
Here you go CometJack: http://mybbsource.com/mods.php?act=view&id=122 I think this is what you're looking for.
(2010-04-08, 04:52 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]You can already do this, go ACP > Configuration > User Registration and Profile Options and edit the "Time Between Registrations" and "Maximum Registrations Per IP Address" settings. This won't put them in the admin activation group but really this kind of thing isn't going to stop anyone with an ounce of determination. Your probably better off not allowing duplicate registrations using the MyBB settings then installing Labrocca's Proxy killer plugin.

Please don't tell me that's a paid for plugin Sad

@above: Edit: That's not free Sad